BedComm Mobile Vitals Capture
Excel Medical is redefining medical device integration for Med-Surg with its BedComm MVC platform.
The BedComm MVC platform wirelessly delivers vital sign monitor data to the EMR with secure, customizable and streamlined workflows. Together with Excel’s CarePanel™, vital signs are acquired from vital sign monitors, such as the GE Dinamap. They are then transmitted live across a hospital’s wireless network to the BedComm server for delivery to the EMR, reducing potential errors due to manual transcription of data.
Using the CarePanel, hospitals can protect current investments and reduce capital costs required to integrate data from existing vital sign monitors with the EMR. Excel’s software also leverages existing IT infrastructure and virtualized server environments to ease deployment, lowering acquisition and implementation costs. Excel works closely with major EMR vendors such as Epic, Cerner, MEDITECH, and Allscripts.
BedComm MVC benefits and capabilities include:
- Improved operational efficiencies
- Faster availability of data to clinicians
- Unlimited customized workflows
- Continuous vital sign monitoring support
- Cache / resend vital signs functionality
- Manual BP entry into MVC application
- Positive patient identification (PPI) and hospital support
- Customized vital sign parameter labels
- Flexible ADT support
- Uses existing monitors to capture and wirelessly send vitals to patient’s EMR
- Provides positive Patient ID with patient barcode scanning or patient selection from hospital’s ADT system
- Ensures accurate vitals sent from patient bedside monitors to the right chart
- Allows for customized patient assessment data taken and transmitted